It has very much seized fingers its palm, and he obodrjajushche has smiled to it, trying to show as much as possible the
Will see such teeth it is reasonably useful also to an unknown monster if it now secretly observes of them. Porthos was the
Close thrown house has appeared what seemed from afar: the thrown house. Timbered walls have turned black and have
become covered by a greenish-blue lichen, windows with the beaten out glasses have been tightened by the dusty web, lop
-sided and through rotted through boards of a porch conducted to otverstomu to a doorway, and the door slantwise hung on
one rusty loop.
Porthos has easily broken it, has flung away aside and, having bent down under a low lintel, has entered into the house.
Galja followed it close.
- So-so-so! - Porthos has said, looking round. - nasty thing of desolation...
All house consisted of the one and only and absolutely empty room.
The floor has been covered by a dense dust layer, from walls scraps of wall-paper of an uncertain colouring hanged down,
the ceiling has given and has half fallen, through breaches the beams which are propping up a roof were visible, and through
holes in a roof the green foliage of an oak was seen. Porthos it is noisy has sniffed.
- Also stinks here somehow nasty, - he has told. - of acid stinks...
Galja has suddenly released his hand and has sat down on hunkers.
- Porthos! - she has silently spoken. - Porthos, look! Traces! - where traces? - It is live Porthos has asked, rummaging eyes
on walls round itself.
- Well where you look? Look here! Porthos has bent down. He hardly has had time to find a sight strange dents in a dust on
a floor as if the elephant on the feet-curbstones here was trampled down, and immediately the terrible lingering cry has
broken off silence, on an attic mighty wings have begun to clap, and from a ceiling the dust fell down streams. It has
occurred so unexpectedly that Porthos and Galja the whole three seconds remained in former poses, not in a condition to
move, cover heads, to shout. And the strange attack proceeded.
"Wuhu-at-u-u! Wuhu-at-u-u!." - cried out an inhuman voice, invisible wings fought about garret beams, the dust fell from
above, and all house was filled with dense clubs of a suffocating dust. Porthos at last has come round.
- Hey, there! - it has roared. - above! A neck I will curtail to the bastard! - we run! - Galja has desperately shouted.
It is easy to tell - we run. With great difficulty, sneezing, coughing and otplevyvajas, they have gropingly reached a door and
have fallen out outside. Turmoil on an attic has now stopped, there has again come silence. Porthos and Galja have slowly
risen to the feet, had a look against each other and now have begun be cleaned silently. From windows and a house door
crept and settled on a grass transparent grey clouds of a dust.
- That you have died, damned! - Porthos has growled, fiercely scraping out a hand dust from hair.
- You it about whom? - Has asked Galja.
- About this bird, about whom else? You have not noticed? The enormous such white bird similar to an eagle owl...
- The bird, - has repeated Galja. - it is fine, let a bird. We will go.